Here at Lekker . . .
We believe it is important to furnish a home with items that are direct reflections of the people who live there. Lekker provides an environment that creates a symbiotic relationship between our unique portfolio and your inspiration. Lekker is a place to absorb new ideas, expand one's creativity, explore new products and transport them to your lekker home.What makes us different? At Lekker we believe in:
- Offering products that are original, made of quality materials, exhibit design, inspire and make you think
- Providing unique products that can''t be found elsewhere
- Assuring 100% customer satisfaction and exceptional service that has you coming back for more
- Being located in an easily accessible space that is open the hours that meet your lifestyle
- Listening and treating you like an individual while catering to your unique needs
- Providing a comfortable environment where you can see, touch and feel our products
- Giving you space to explore without claustrophobic sales pressure
- Working with the interior design community and upholding high design standards
- Being involved in the community. After all it is Lekker to be philanthropic!
About the Founder
Natalie van Dijk Carpenter is from Amsterdam, The Netherlands and after living in Paris and New York she now calls Boston her home. It was Natalie's belief that Boston's trendy South End and more particularly Washington Street has become a centrifuge of creativity and artistic expression - therefore the perfect location for her concept store Lekker - Unique Home Furnishings.
Natalie comes from a fashion and design family and after having earned her Bachelor's degree in textile engineering she went on to work in the home furnishings business in Amsterdam, Paris, New York and most recently Boston. In New York Natalie held sales and retail account management positions for Ralph Lauren Home where she managed some of their largest retail accounts in the United States. After years of working with the "big boys", Natalie decided that it was in her blood to start out on her own and bring truly fresh products to a hungry market.
Hence the genesis of "Lekker" which is the Dutch word for alluring, enticing, great, attractive and tempting.