Lekker is Dutch for "alluring, enticing and tempting" and aptly describes the inspiration behind our portfolio of furniture, lighting, tabletop and accessories for the edited home. Shop online or visit our showroom in Boston's South End.
Here at Lekker . . .
We believe it is important to furnish a home with items that are direct reflections of the people who live there. Lekker provides an environment that creates a symbiotic relationship between our unique portfolio and your inspiration. Lekker is a place to absorb new ideas, expand one's creativity, explore new products and transport them to your lekker home.
What makes us different? At Lekker we believe in:
- Offering products that are original, made of the finest materials, inspire and make you think
- Providing distinguished products that can't be found everywhere
- Assuring 100% customer satisfaction and exceptional service that has you coming back for more
- Being located in an easily accessible space that is open the hours that meet your lifestyle
- Listening and treating you like an individual while catering to your personal needs
- Providing a comfortable environment where you can see, touch and feel our products
- Giving you space to explore without claustrophobic sales pressure
- Working with the interior design community and upholding high design standards
- Being involved in the community. After all it is Lekker to be philanthropic!
About the Founders
Natalie van Dijk is a Dutch native who grew up in a fashion design family. After studying textile engineering at De Maere University in Enschede, Holland she went on to work in home design for Ralph Lauren in Amsterdam, Paris and New York. Natalie met Curt Carpenter who shared her affinity for design and had mutual entrepreneurial aspirations. They saw an opportunity to literally marry their skill sets and in 2003 launched Lekker Home in Boston. A lifestyle store that takes inspiration from the streets of Amsterdam, where old and new effortlessly merge with industrial and organic materials for a warm modernist design aesthetic. Providing an alternative to the homogenized design pallet of corporate box stores, Lekker Home offers a “design for living” concept that is an edited portfolio of mid-century modern classics, independent and exclusive design brands.