Best of Boston Winner and recognized as one of the most innovative home décor retailers in the country by The New York Times is building its team for continued success. Our Design for Living portfolio has been featured by leading trend, design and cuisine publications such as Dwell, Elle Décor, Vogue, Martha Stewart, Food&Wine, and many others.
We are currently hiring for two positions Design Sales Associate and Buyer's Assistant. While both positions include sales responsibilities, the Buyer's Assistant will work closely with the Lead Buyer on order management and processing, as well as, customer follow up and the creation of a cohesive showroom floor plan
Our team members are sales driven and thrive in a fun, entrepreneurial, challenging design environment. We are looking to build our team with candidates who want to grow and become a part of our success story. The chosen candidate will be working with like-minded professionals who demonstrate the ability to self-manage and produce results.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?:
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Enjoys problem solving.
- Enjoys selling on the showroom floor with customers face to face.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Design Sales Associate Responsibilities include:
- Identifying and relating with customers.
- Understanding a customer's requirements through "active" listening.
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio.
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting, accessories, etc.
- Manage and resolve customer service issues.
- Achieving established "team" sales goals.
- Organizing and managing inventory.
- Assisting with store merchandising.
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- Assisting with store opening and closing procedure.
Buyer's Assistant Responsibilities include:
- Reviewing customer support emails, responding and/or identifying a respurce to respond in a timely fashion.
- Order entry, review and follow up.
- Assisting with showroom layout and space planning
- Managing warehouse communications.
- Coordinating long-distance customer deliveries.
- Reviewing vendor invoice accuracy.
- Augmenting showorom sales staff as required.
- High school diploma or above.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- 1-2+ years of retail sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury retail environment.
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Architectural and/or Interior design experience.
- Experience with selling and managing Bridal Registries.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
Candidates must have flexibility in their schedule and availability during weekend hours.
How to Apply: Send your résumé, preferred position, confirmation of your work availability, hourly/annual wage expectations and a brief description of why you are the ideal candidate. Only résumés with this information will be considered.
We are conveniently located on Washington Street between East Berkeley and Waltham Street in Boston's South End. We are a half block away from the MBTA Silver Line's East Berkeley Street or Union Park Street stops.
Directions can be found here.
Take The Tour. More information about Lekker Home can be found on our website LekkerHome.com and Facebook.