Lekker Home www.lekkerhome.com is looking for smart, high-energy, enthusiastic, design lovers who enjoy selling. Is that you? Tell us more!
Lekker Home Best of Boston Winner and recognized as one of the most innovative home décor retailers in the country by The New York Times is building its team for continued success. Our Design for Living portfolio has been featured by leading trend, design and cuisine publications such as Dwell, Elle Décor, Vogue, Martha Stewart, Food&Wine, and many others.
Our team members are sales driven and thrive in a fun, entrepreneurial, challenging design environment. We are looking to build our team with candidates who want to grow and become a part of our success story. The chosen candidate will be working with like-minded professionals who demonstrate the ability to self-manage and produce results.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?:
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Enjoys problem solving.
- Desire to mix it up between desk work (phone, email, fax) and selling out on the showroom floor with customers face to face.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Back Office Responsibilities will include:
- Processing web, fax and phone orders
- Updating product descriptions, images and up-selling information on website
- Researching product availability and shipment schedules for customers
- Scheduling white glove deliveries with customers and delivery contractors
- Manage and resolve customer service issues.
- Managing back orders and generating necessary Purchase Orders to fulfill back orders in a timely fashion
- Fulfilling customer, trade and editorial requests for catalogs, samples, product information, etc.
Showroom Responsibilities include:
- Achieving established “team” sales goals.
- Identifying and relating with customers
- Understanding a customer’s requirements through “active” listening
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting, accessories, etc.
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio.
- Greeting and acknowledging every customer while granting them the space to explore.
- Organizing and managing inventory.
- Assisting with inventory receipts.
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- Assisting with store opening and closing procedure.
- High school diploma or above.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- Worked in a retail sales environment.
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes we want to hear about it:
- Architectural and/or Interior design experience.
- Experience with selling and managing Bridal Registries.
- Customer service experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) or MAC equivalent.
- Familiarity of Adobe Photoshop Elements including use of layers, color/density adjustments, silhouetting, etc.
- Familiarity with LightSpeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
How to Apply: Send your résumé, confirmation of your work availability, hourly/annual wage expectations and a brief description of why you are the ideal candidate. Only résumés with this information will be considered.
We are conveniently located on Washington Street between East Berkeley and Waltham Street in Boston's South End. We are a half block away from the MBTA Silver Line's East Berkeley Street or Union Park Street stops. Directions can be found here.
Take The Tour. More information about Lekker Home can be found on our website LekkerHome.com and Facebook.